Let’s talk about the benefits of baking soda. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, which is made from sodium carbonate.
Benefits of baking soda:
1. It can be used as a teeth whitener and as a mouthwash to reduce bacteria in your mouth. Mix 1 tbsp. of baking soda in 1 tbsp. of water and use the mixture to brush your teeth.
2. It can be used as a natural deodorant. Mix 4 tbsp. of baking soda in 2 tbsp. of either olive oil or coconut oil and use as a deodorant. You can also add a couple of drops of essential oil for a nice aroma. Keep this mixture in the refrigerator.
3. It can be used to degrade pesticides on vegetables. Soak the vegetables in baking soda and water for 12-15 minutes and then rinse them off.
4. It can be used to relieve itchy skin. Apply it directly to the skin.
5. It can be used to help reduce acidity in the body while doing prolonged fasting. Mix about 1/8 of a tsp. in water and drink.
6. It may help inhibit toenail fungus.
7. It can be used to help with mouth ulcers.
Thanks for reading! I hope this helps explain the interesting and unexpected benefits of baking soda.