Today I want to share what I believe is the best natural protocol for bipolar disorder and OCD. This isn’t meant to replace your medical care. Check with your doctor before implementing this information. The typical treatments for bipolar disorder and OCD have a lot of potential side effects.
But, these treatments work by manipulating neurotransmitters. What’s interesting is that the friendly microbes in your gut actually make neurotransmitters. If you have gut problems, your friendly microbes probably aren’t making enough neurotransmitters.
People with bipolar disorder have a much higher incidence of gut inflammation.
The best natural protocol for bipolar disorder and OCD:
Fix any gut issues first:
- Consume fermented foods with prebiotics and probiotics.
Go on a low-carb ketogenic diet:
- The carnivore version of keto may be beneficial for people with gut problems.
Take fish oil:
- I like cod liver oil because it contains vitamin D, vitamin A, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Take B vitamins:
- B1 and folate are very important. Nutritional yeast is a great source of natural B vitamins.
Cut out grains, sugar, and grain oils:
- It’s essential to support the friendly microbes in the gut and remove things from the diet that cause inflammation.
A few additional options:
- Lithium orotate (for bipolar disorder)
- N-acetly cysteine (for mania)
- Hyperforin (for depression)
- Glycine (for schizophrenia)
- Niacin (for schizophrenia)
Thanks for reading! I hope this helps increase your awareness of the best natural protocol for bipolar disorder and OCD. I’ll see you in the next article.