How To Stop A Sore Throat Early And Fast? In most cases, a sore throat is viral, which means an antibiotic won’t help. If you have a sore throat caused by a bacterial infection, you may experience nausea or other digestive issues, but it won’t typically cause a cough. If you have a sore throat caused by a virus, you may experience a cough, runny nose, and swelling in the throat.
The good thing is that this natural remedy can help address both areas. The best natural remedy for a sore throat is the bay leaf. Bay leaves have both antiviral properties and antibacterial properties.
Health benefits of bay leaves:
- They help reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation
- They are a great remedy for a cough
- They help stimulate the immune system
- They help reduce mucus
- They help reduce headaches (especially sinus headaches)
- They can act as an insect repellent
- They can help promote wound healing
- They have anti-cancer effects
- They are good for digestive issues
Bay leaves also have an anticholinergic effect, which means they help with:
- An overactive bladder
- Dry mouth
- The inability to sweat
How to help stop a sore throat naturally Ingredients:
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dry)
- 2 cups of water
- Cinnamon to taste
- 5 drops of liquid stevia
Boil the water for 3 minutes. Add the bay leaves to the hot water and steep for 4 minutes. Add a cinnamon stick and the liquid stevia.
Sip this tea throughout the day to soothe the throat, reduce pain and inflammation, help fight pathogens, and help speed up recovery.
I hope you give this natural remedy to stop a sore throat a try.